Promotions Manager, Local Investment
The Promotions Department exists within the Local Broadcast Department, interacting with the Local Activation Buyers/Assistants, Account Leads and Vendors.
The Promotions Manager will report to the SVP, Managing Director, Local Investment. The primary function of this role will be to work on promotional activations for Television and Radio from inception to completion to ensure clients receive quality added value campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing creative ideas and promotions that will achieve clients’ goals and objectives
• Amplify campaigns by creating and activating customized added value opportunities via on-air, online and on-site activations
• Evaluating promotional opportunities to ensure all required elements and necessary details are client ready before submission
• Providing “sell thru” rationale for promotional ideas and vendor selections to brand team/client/ promotional partner
• Calculate value of promotions to determine that client goals are being met or exceeded
• Relaying feedback of all approved/declined promotions to the Market Specialists, Account Leads, and Coordinators
• Effectively serve as the liaison between internal and external teams in a professional manner
• Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with:
o Station/Network Vendors and
o Promotional Partners Clients
o ET Buyers, GMMs, Brand Teams and Specialty Divisions
• Manage vendor orders/invoices efficiently
• Collaborate cross-functionally to foster productivity within the department and company
• Assist media partners in developing creative client proposals
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years of media agency Promotions and/or radio experience preferred, but not required
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Ability to manage a high volume of projects and assignments simultaneously, while keeping pace in a quickly moving department
• Exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Solution oriented
• Willingness to learn and mentor others
• Team player with a positive attitude
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.