The Promotions Coordinator role is responsible for the production and maintenance of quality promotional opportunities, from development to execution and recap, ultimately meeting the client’s goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop creative ideas and promotions that will contribute to client goals
- Evaluate promotions to ensure all required elements and necessary details are client ready before submission
- Provide “sell thru” rationale for promotional ideas and vendor selections to brand team/client/ promotional partner
- Relay feedback of all approved/declined promotions to the Specialists and Coordinators
- Amplify campaigns by creating and activating customized added value via on-air, online and on-site activations
- Full understanding of the media landscape
- Attend meetings to discuss upcoming promotions (for existing and new business projects) and fully understand client expectations
- Effectively evaluate groups capabilities and goals
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with:
- Station/Network Vendors and Promotional Partners
- Evergreen Trading Buyers, Brand Group Managers, Brand Teams and Specialty Divisions
- Ability to participate in new business needs including FTE proposals, RFP responses, credentials, case studies, presentations.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 3 – 5 years previous experience (Promotions and/or Media a strong plus)
- 4-year college degree, ideally in marketing or advertising
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative “out of the box” thinking
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to anticipate next step(s); to recognize problems and identify solutions
- Willingness to learn, grow and mentor
- Ability to interact efficiently and effectively with other internal departments
- Team player with a positive attitude
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.