The Promotions Department exists within the Local Broadcast Department, interacting with the Local Activation Buyers/Assistants, Account Leads and Vendors.
The primary function of the Promotions Coordinator position will be to work on promotional Television and Radio activations from inception to completion to ensure clients receive quality added value campaigns. This position will report to the SVP, Managing Director Local Activation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to manage a high volume of projects and assignments simultaneously, while keeping pace in a quickly moving department
- Assist Promotions Manager as follows:
- Developing creative ideas and promotions that will contribute to client goals,
- Evaluating promotions to ensure all required elements and necessary details are client ready before submission,
- Providing “sell thru” rationale for promotional ideas and vendor selections to brand team/client/ promotional partner,
- Relaying feedback of all approved/declined promotions to the Market Specialists and Media Coordinators
- Tracking the activation and recapping of all promotions executed through ET Promotions
- Effectively serve as the liaison between internal and external teams in a professional manner
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with:
- Station/Network Vendors and
- Promotional Partners Clients
- ET Buyers, GMMs, Brand Teams and Specialty Divisions
- Amplify campaigns by creating and activating customized added value opportunities via on-air, online, and on-site activations
- Manage weekly vendor orders/invoices efficiently
- Collaborate cross-functionally to foster productivity within the department and company
- Assist media partners in developing creative client proposals
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Previous experience in radio is preferred but not required
- Negotiation skills
- Solution oriented
- Willingness to learn and mentor others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.