Media Supervisor, National Video Investment
The National Video Investment Team is barter focused and works with various clients to place their advertising on video platforms such as Broadcast TV, Cable TV, OTT, and Syndication. Our team is dynamic, hard-working, and collaborative. The fast-paced environment and exposure to multiple clients and categories provides an interesting and engaging work experience.
The Supervisor for the National Video Investment team is responsible for overseeing the team on day-to-day projects. They would be well versed in the industry and develop our team’s talent. The Supervisor must be able to work independently, which includes creating spreadsheets, presentations, and collaborate with employees and teammates. They are responsible for overseeing negotiations and will work collaboratively across departments such as Client Partnerships to provide comprehensive buy strategies for our clients. Candidate should exhibit a proactive attitude to tackle all assignments; be a creative problem solver, participate and takes interest in both agency and industry. The Media Supervisor will also work closely with the Media Director to ensure consistency of work across all accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage all aspects of the national buying process including audience tracking, strategic negotiations, and tactical scheduling
• Serve as marketplace expert, providing insight to the marketplace conditions and vetting new and emerging media and marketing opportunities
• Train, oversee and mentor a team of Negotiators
• Develop recommendations based on an understanding of vendor capabilities and audience targeting options
• Multi-screen negotiation experience
• Collaborate with internal teams to build and execute testing strategies that drive business efficiencies
• Work closely with the Director & VP to organize workflow and deadlines to achieve all timelines
• Evaluate, build and maintain relationships with vendors
• .Meet all due dates for buys, post analyses, and assigned projects
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years media buying experience
• 1+ years’ experience managing a team
• experience with emerging TV platforms (connected TV/OTT and addressable)
• Proven success working on client with large TV media budgets with high performance expectations and branded media
• Conscientious and flexible – thrives in a fast paced, culturally diverse environment
• Excellent communicator, with strong time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
• Proactive self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to meet team goals
• Strong research, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills required (taking concepts and ideas and translating them into solutions)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Assertive self-starter
• Independent. Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
• Collaborative and works well in a team environment
• Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
• Pays strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Work can be relied upon for thoroughness and accuracy
• Strong negotiator
• Enjoys problem solving and has the ability to adapt to new technologies and processes
• Ability to build a strong rapport and relationships with co-workers and external partners.
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.