The National Team is barter focused and works with various clients to place their advertising on video platforms such as Broadcast TV, Cable TV, OTT, and Syndication. Our team is dynamic, hard-working, and collaborative. The fast-paced environment and exposure to multiple clients and categories provides an interesting and engaging work experience.
The Media Buyer for the National Video Investment team is responsible for negotiating, activating, and maintaining national media buys on behalf our of clients. Buyers work collaboratively across departments such as Finance and Client Partnerships and manage a series of regular client deliverables. Additionally, this role manages Assistants and supports Senior Buyers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop relationships with media partners to effectively negotiate pricing and media plans which achieve internal and client objectives across multiple accounts.
• Work closely with brand teams/clients to complete buying responsibilities such as stewardship and posting.
• Train, mentor and oversee Assistant Media Buyers.
• Assist in the management of added value executions.
• Research and provide POV’s on advertising/media trends.
• Support Senior Buyers with responsibilities and upfront processes.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years relevant work experience with the ability to train others.
• Detail oriented and able to proofread documents for accuracy.
• Work well in a team setting, manage up, and delegate/oversee Assistant Buyer workload
• In-depth knowledge of media math, terminology, and buying processes and concepts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to integrate and work successfully with various agency teams, handle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong passion for Media
• Interest in media trade and barter space
• Ability to build a strong rapport and relationships with co-workers and external partners.