Media Buyer, Local Investment
The Media Buyer is responsible for the day-to-day buying operations within the organization and negotiations of certain media buys. This includes overseeing the successful execution of Local TV media campaigns and assisting with fulfilling client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively negotiate & steward Local TV buys utilizing corporate trade/barter across multiple networks, stations, & accounts
• Input schedules, produce post-buy analysis reports and resolve billing discrepancies
• Secure added value and sponsorships on certain buys
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies that effect the buying discipline
• Serve as the primary point of contact for certain vendors
• Effectively communicate needs to vendors to get results in a timely manner
• Create and issue reports to clients under deadlines
• Communicate day-to-day needs/requests with clients
• Support supervisors with daily responsibilities
• Identify and recommend solutions to operational issues
• Guide and direct Assistant Media Buyers as needed with day-to-day tasks
• Anticipate next steps. Be proactive and solution oriented.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Previous experience as a Media Assistant, Assistant Buyer, or Local Sales Assistant preferred
• Finance and/or Communication background a definite plus
• Experience with SBMS and Strata buying systems preferred
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with excel preferred
• Strong passion for Media
• Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and focused on attention to detail
• A team player who has the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks and who is capable of working and maintaining a positive attitude within in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong ability to build rapport and relationships with co-workers and within the Local broadcast industry
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.