The Digital Buyer plays an integral role in supporting the Digital team as it pertains to our clients and overall business. This position will be responsible for the ownership of plan and budget data as it relates to assigned brands, the management of plan changes, and general maintenance of activity and its effect on all related outputs.
The Digital Buyer must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be able to manage multiple projects, and possess strong account service and client management skills. The Digital Buyer will be responsible for tasks that are at the core of the Digital process which includes planning, buying, communication, implementation, campaign maintenance, and post-campaign reporting as well as:
- Maintain vendor contacts database to ensure information is up to date and accurate
- Coordinate vendor meetings for kick-off calls, offering/capability updates, etc.
- Provide general administrative assistance when needed for assigned account(s)
- Compile weekly status report for assigned account(s)
- Input digital media buys into SBMS billing platform
- Resolve billing discrepancies
- Issue signed contracts to vendor(s) for approved media buys and ensure countersigned contracts are received
- Work closely with the Digital Supervisor to develop strategic approaches that moves our business forward and impresses clients
- Manage and mentor the Assistant Buyer in developing insertion orders, issuing P&Ls, monitoring campaigns, etc.
- Prepare and update marketplace overviews as necessary to be used as a department reference tool to provide in-depth overviews of existing/emerging vendors, landscape updates, etc. for client presentation and planning purposes
- Ensure information on contracts is accurate including, rates, dates, vendor names, etc.
- Input media plans in SBMS buying system and send/steward insertion orders process with media partners
- Maintain contracts and billing (including resolving discrepancies) so that client and vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Develop agency point of views (POVs) on media opportunities for submission to client/AOR
- Responsible for the training and development of Assistant Media Buyer(s)
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with the ability to train others
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-year equivalence of career experience
- Must be extremely detail oriented and be able to proofread documents for accuracy
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
- Possess confidence and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead across teams and partners
- Work well in a team setting, manage up, and delegate/oversee Assistant Buyer workload
- In-depth knowledge of media math, digital terms, media planning and buying process/concepts, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in writing
- Understanding of research tools and studies and how to apply to digital media
- Ability to integrate and work successfully with various agency teams, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines while under pressure