The Junior Accountant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the Finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the monthly and year-end close procedures.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, assets and liabilities, revenue and expenses along with supporting sub-ledgers.
- Research and resolve account reconciling items.
- Post month end journal entries.
- Assist with preparation of external audit documentation requests and packages.
- Support other team members as necessary.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in Finance / Accounting).
- 1-3 years accounting experience with Great Plains experience a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Professional presence and strong work ethic.
- Effective time management skills.
- Client service orientation in written and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.