Group Media Manager, Local Investment
The Group Media Manager will supervise local broadcast staff and negotiate spot broadcast buys within a group of designated markets by negotiating, placing, and maintaining all broadcast buys, merchandising and promotions within boundaries of specific market list.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check ATBs and goals for accuracy before handing them out to buyers and coordinators in outer offices
- Set up pre-buy meetings to discuss client expectations, objectives for the campaign
- Gather buying and merchandising guidelines, promotional requests, preferred programming grids, and any qualitative data
- Sets due dates, with input from Local Broadcast Director
- Review buys prior to purchase: check programming choices, daypart goals, budgets
- Review merchandising forms
- Responsible for pulling all recaps/reports and presenting to planning groups and clients when possible
- Responsible for ‘Locking’ the buys after all recaps have been checked and turned into planning
- Facilitate any revisions/adds to schedule/cancellations that come down
- Monitor schedules by checking log times and running pre-posts to ensure delivery is on track
- Checking all posts prior to turning them over to Local Broadcast Director
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities, determine and delegate workflow, priorities, deadlines and train and mentor staff
- Participate in client meetings, new business presentations and other professional functions
- Estimate ratings, understand market nuances
- Negotiate buys by communicating all ratings estimates to station reps.
- Stewardship and Monitoring schedules/revisions/makegoods
- Reconciliation of invoices
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in Advertising, Communications, or Marketing
- 6+ years of related local broadcast buying experience including at least 1 year in supervisory capacity. Must include experience in buying top 15 markets
- Strong negotiating and presenting skills, excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.