Evergreen Trading is seeking to hire a talented and highly motivated Corporate Controller. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller will play a critical role as the Company continues its quality offerings and rapid growth. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participatory manager who, along with the Vice President of Finance, will lead the finance and accounting team, have a track record of setting priorities, an attention to detail as well as excellent analytic, organization, and communication skills.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for the direct supervision of the accounting department including all related accounting and financial functions. This will include managing the finance organizational structure and staffing as well as training and mentoring of all accounting staff, including accounts payable. Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for the accuracy of all General Ledger financial accounting and associated account reconciliations.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient monthly accounting close process including review of journal entries and operating results required to ensure the accuracy of monthly financial records.
• Responsible for annual financial statement audit, including preparation of all supporting documentation.
• Seek opportunities to enhance processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting departments financial close and reporting cycles.
• Enhance the accounting departments use of relevant software and the integration of software into accounting processes and procedures
• Preparation of year-to-date cash flow results and projections to effectively manage cash balances and activities.
• Supervision of accounts payable processes and related vendor statements and payments.
• Perform other duties as required.
Financial Reporting Responsibilities
• Responsible for the training, enhancement and stewardship of the financial reporting platforms and all related reporting requirements.
• Assist with preparation and completion of the annual budget process and developing updated forecasts to provide an accurate projection of financial performance.
• Preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial management reporting packages including variance analysis.
• Preparation of periodic Board of Directors reporting packages.
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time including ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Culture and Development
• Develop relationships with colleagues and become a leader who is sought for advice and counsel on finance and accounting mattes.
• Counsel, coach, and guide staff in addressing concerns and work-related matters to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with financial practices.
• Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to staff on appropriate methods of performance management.
• Act as a role model for the Company’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all employees of the Company.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree a plus.
• C.P.A is preferred.
• National accounting firm audit experience is preferred with strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors.
• At least seven years of gradually increasing accounting experience.
• At least four years of management and/or supervisor experience.
• Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with different stakeholders.
• Passionate about the company’s mission, enthusiastic about the challenges facing the organization and dedicated to achieving its goals.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Exceptional work ethic and conscientious about quality of work.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills is a must.