The Budget Manager will lead the Budget Management Department which is an integral part of the Evergreen Trading team. This position will be responsible to facilitate, manage and steward all components of the client media financial life cycle between Client Partnerships, Finance and our Media Activation teams. The Budget Management Department will also be responsible for tracking the usage of client and vendor trade credits and work closely with the Client Partnerships team to centralize the monitoring of all system inputs that impact client budget tracking and reporting as well as client invoicing.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Client Partnerships, Finance and the Media Activation teams to manage and report on client media activity and budgets, media purchase authorizations and support client billing and related trade tracking.
- Support client audit requirements.
- Reconcile the Media Management Platform with the client’s media plan to ensure the accuracy of all system activity.
- Clarify any discrepancies with Client Partnerships and / or Media Activation teams.
- Review and approve draft client billing prior to delivery of final billing packet to client. Provide explanation for any unbilled activity.
- Facilitate reconciliation billing so that it is completed within contractual terms, as needed.
- Work closely with Client Partnerships to manage all necessary client budget files, develop forecasting and manage client risk.
- Manage, develop and coach a team of Budget Analysts to perform the activities identified above.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Finance or related degree, as well as 7+ years’ experience in media finance.
- Previous experience in a Budget Manager role in an Advertising or Media Services Agency preferred.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong understanding of a Media Management Platform (e.g. SMBS) required.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Previous experience with the media trading process is a plus (e.g. media credits and investments, barter)
- Detail oriented, with the ability to rise above the detail for management and analytical review.
- Professional presence and strong work ethic.