Associate Media Director, Out of Home
The Associate Media Director, Out of Home is responsible to lead strategy development, planning tactics and overall administration of client needs as it relates to OOH media campaigns. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, go-getter who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role is both a leader and a manager acting as the day-to-day liaison between clients and internal and external Agency partners. This spot will lead Out of Home media strategy, development, analysis and execution across Evergreen’s portfolio of clients, while at the same time managing media vendor investments and a high caliber staff. This role allows for great personal and professional growth to lead a team within an up and coming media agency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Client strategy development and brainstorm meetings
- Participate in new business pitches as needed
- Build and manage strong Agency, Client and Vendor relationships
- Lead and confidently present strategically focused media plans to Client(s) and listen/adapt based on feedback
- Manage all OOH media planning and buying processes and ensure accuracy and professionalism in work produced by team
- Write OOH media recommendations and presentations and provide back-up research data to support the OOH recommendation.
- Negotiate OOH media buys
- Write department POVs on new opportunities and seek new trends within the industry
- Represent Agency at industry conferences and events
- Participate as needed in the overall management of department operations
- Understand Client(s) business and present OOH recommendations which result in the growth of OOH billings
- Produce and maintain professional and high-quality work for Agency and assigned Client(s)
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Client(s) business objectives, advertising needs etc.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior team members, helping them to grow professionally
- Inspire creativity within the department and teach media planning principles to junior team members
- Manage workload and Client initiatives both up (VP & Director, OOH) and down (to junior team members)
- Ability to integrate and work successfully with various Agency teams, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Facilitate OOH department goals amongst team
- Willingness to attend business related functions during evening hours 1 – 2 times a month
Requirements & Skills:
- 4 year degree, ideally in marketing or related field, or equivalent career experience.
- 5-7 years of media planning & buying experience with a focus in OOH (traditional media planning experience is a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert understanding of media planning and buying
- Knowledge of the Out of Home landscape on a local, regional and national basis
- Ability to effectively utilize and interpret media research
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
Drop us a line.
We’ve helped some of the world’s top brands get more value out of their media buys and we can do the same for you. Ready to work with us? Still unsure? We’d love to hear from you.