The Assistant Buyer, OOH is a vital role to the OOH team as their tasks lay the foundation to the OOH planning and buying process. We are looking for an individual who is a team player but understands their role well enough to work independently and takes the initiative to do so. Someone who is resourceful and exhibits accountability.
You should be outgoing and interested in networking, know how to build and maintain relationships with people. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment while staying organized and having strong attention to detail.
As an Assistant Buyer, you will be responsible for tasks that are at the core of the OOH process which includes planning, buying, campaign maintenance, post-campaign reporting and competitive insights, such as:
- Maintain vendor contacts database to ensure information is up to date and accurate
- Coordinate vendor meetings
- Provide general administrative assistance when needed for assigned account(s)
- Compile weekly status report for assigned account(s)
- Input OOH media buys into SBMS (billing system)
- Resolve billing discrepancies
- Issue signed contracts to vendor(s) for approved media buys and ensure countersigned contracts are received
- Gather and distribute production material specs (size, quantity including overages if applicable, shipping address)
- Distribute traffic instructions to vendors
- Compile and distribute photobook / proof of performance (POP) reports for each campaign
- Maintain electronic files for assigned account list and ensure all appropriate documents are kept in a complete and organized manner.
- Prepare and update market overviews as necessary.
- Ensure information on contracts is accurate including, rates, dates, vendor names etc.
- Understand the complete list of who current vendors are within given markets and the media formats they represent
- Maintain contracts and billing so that client and vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain overall account organization so that documents can be easily found and accessed by fellow team members
Qualifications and Skills
- 4 year Bachelor degree or equivalent career experience
- Must be extremely detail oriented and be able to proofread documents for accuracy
- Must be highly organized
- Knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate and work successfully with various agency teams, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- 1-2 years of previous work experience or internships in an office environment preferred, ideally in an Advertising or Media services agency.