The Account Manager will manage the day-to-day activities on assigned accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Department Lead on assigned accounts, along with new accounts as necessary.
• Evaluate buying specifications and guidelines for consistency with historical activity and marketplace conditions and provide feedback to planning/brand team as necessary
• Check ATBs and goals for accuracy before distribution to the buying team
• Gather buying and merchandising guidelines, promotional requests, preferred programming grids, and any qualitative data.
• Set up internal pre-buy meetings with the buying team to discuss client expectations, objectives and guidelines for the campaign
• Collaborate with Group Media Managers to establish due date timelines for project completion, schedule delivery and post-buy analysis
• Strategize with buyers and trade manager on vendor partnerships
• Review buys prior to submission for approval from client: check programming, daypart goals, pre-posts, budgets
• Review merchandising/added value proposals
• Submit buys to Client/Agency for review and approval
• Responsible for pulling all recaps/reports and presenting to strategy groups and clients when possible
• Facilitate any revisions/adds to schedule/cancellations
• Ensure stewardship procedures are being maintained to ensure delivery is on track
• Review client billing
• Review all post-buy analyses prior to turning them over to Director
• Collaborate with team to determine and delegate workflow, priorities, deadlines.
• Participate in client meetings, new business presentations and other professional functions
• Work with Buyers and Promotions Manager to monitor any station promotions (to include any requested recaps/air checks)
• Make sure invoices are matched and cleared for payment within 45-60 days (depending on client requirements) for assigned accounts
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year accredited college/university
• 7+ years local video/audio media buying / 2+ years account management
• Knowledge of Media Campaign Management (Initial Client Specs through Post-Buy Analysis)
• An effective communicator, comfortable in fast-paced environment, with the ability to review data/reporting for accuracy & completion
• Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
• Motivated, Proactive, Solution-Oriented, Analytical, Collaborative, Organized, Critical Thinker, Self-Starter