Reporting to the V.P., Finance, the Accounting Supervisor will be essential to overseeing Evergreen Trading’s day-to-day accounting function and the overall stewardship of the corporate accounting records. The Accounting Supervisor will help drive the monthly close process, ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting while addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger and year-end audit preparation along with budget and forecast support. The Accounting Supervisor will have contact with senior level management which will require strong interpersonal and communication skills.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Perform any month-end system loads and investigate variances in data.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations and financial reporting packages.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities including analysis of monthly financial results.
- Work with the VP, Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Support the VP, Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements as requested.
- Respond to inquiries from the VP, Finance and other finance and firm wide managers for various financial research and analysis as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance. CPA strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of financial accounting experience (public/private) in the financial reporting and general ledger area. Experience working in advertising or media, corporate trade or professional services firm a plus.
- Experience in technical accounting principles and implementation.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet financial reporting deadlines.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word. Advanced Skills (vlookup, pivot tables) preferred.
- Knowledge of Great Plans and/or similar financial and media systems an advantage.